School in England
For our many international students, Quinton House School offers the opportunity to gain a first class education and highly prized British qualifications that are respected and recognised around the world and a fantastic chance to immerse themselves in true British multicultural society and heritage.
Independent School in UK
The picturesque historic buildings and beautiful rural setting of Quinton House have inspired students for decades and our international students especially enjoy studying here. After A-levels, many of our students gain places at the most competitive Russell Group universities, including the University of Oxford and the University of Cambridge.
British International School
The United Kingdom has been viewed as one of the most desirable locations to study overseas for hundreds of years. International students from around the globe come to study in the UK because of its reputation for academic excellence and the value of British qualifications in an ever more competitive global marketplace. How do you decide on the best place to study?
Study in the UK – what to expect?
The important thing is to think about the type of benefits that come with an education in a particular country. As a prospective student you are most likely looking for a college that:
- Has a reputation for academic excellence and modern education
- Has well regarded teaching staff and outstanding facilities
- Enables students to excel, extending their strengths and interest
- Offers friendly environment and a range of exciting activities
- Provides safe accommodation and secure environment
At Quinton House we pride ourselves on our outstanding academic reputation and work hard to ensure that we remain a highly respected school in the UK which is supported by our parent company Cognita Schools Limited.
We offer a wide a range of courses which will pave the way for entry to many esteemed higher education institutions in the UK. Our rich portfolio not only includes A Level qualifications and GCSE courses for international students but also a wide array of additional activities and events on our school campus.
Study Abroad – Choose England
The experience of studying abroad alongside a wide array of students from many different backgrounds can be transformative; Quinton House offers plenty of support which ensures that no matter what educational background students come from, they can take advantage of every opportunity. By deciding to study in the UK, every student becomes a part of a centuries-old tradition and part of a thriving community in our school.
English Language Skills
Furthermore, English language skills are important part of Quinton House curriculum. Most academic courses (A-level, GCSE) offered by our school includes English Language preparation classes.
Why a UK Education?
Improve your career prospects
British qualifications are respected and recognised around the world. Study in the UK and you’ll gain valuable experience of speaking English in its native country and demonstrate to future employers your independence and personal drive. Of course, you’ll also be gaining the skills, qualifications and experience you need to succeed in your chosen career.
The reputation of a British education is world-renowned
When it comes to choosing the right university you should know that Britain has some of the most famous universities in the world, including University of Cambridge and University of Oxford. Educational institutions across the country have earned a well-deserved reputation for high levels of quality and high standards of teaching. By studying in the UK, you’ll be part of that educational heritage.
Broaden your horizons
Britain is a multicultural country with plenty to see and do. You’ll meet students from all over the world and experience many different cultures. You’ll have plenty of free time to socialise with your new friends and to explore the country. It will be an enriching and rewarding experience that will change your life.
To study the GCSE programme you will need to demonstrate an English language level equivalent to the following:
- IELTS 4.5
- TOEFL 477 (computer test equivalent 153)
- Pearson Test of English Academic 40-43
To qualify for the A Level programme you will need to have:
- IELTS 5.5 (or equivalent level)
- Possess good high school graduate grades
Students enrolled on an A Level course are accepted on the strict understanding that progress will be reviewed at key stages including the end of the first term. The School reserves the right to require a longer, or change, of course in light of that review.
How to apply to Quinton House School
Simply complete our online application form and our admissions team will be in touch with 48 hours. We will listen to your requirements and endeavour to answer all your questions so you can be confident that Quinton House is the right school for your child. Once you are ready to submit your application, please include the supplementary documents below:
Document submissions checklist for this stage:
- Completed application form with full contact details for student and parent/guardian.
- Your official transcripts from the child’s previous school. Please translate this into English if it is in another Language.
- If 16 years old or above, an English language test result such as IELTS or TOEFL.
- A copy of you and your child’s passport. If a passport is not available at the time of application, only a conditional offer can be issued. We will require a copy of an in-date passport before being able to confirm enrolment.
- A copy of any previous Tier 4 visas/Child Student visas with relevant transcripts for that institution (if any)
- UK School reference for children transferring from a UK school (if applicable).
- Portfolio – art and design students may be asked to show a portfolio to support their applications
We can offer you support if you wish to make an application to Quinton House School, including accommodation and visa assistance. We are also happy to receive applications from student recruitment agents working on behalf of international families.
As a part of Cognita Schools Ltd, which holds a group Student Sponsorship Licence, we are happy to arrange Student visa or a Child Student visa (previously known as a Tier 4 visa) sponsorship for pupils who require this and meet the criteria and support you throughout the process. If you are unsure whether your child needs Child Student or Student visa sponsorship, we recommend taking the UK Visas questionnaire to establish the best immigration route.
We will check that there are places available on your chosen course.
Entry Requirements Check
We will then ensure that you have the necessary English language and academic entry requirements for the course you wish to study.
Offer of a place or an alternative plan
If there is a place available and you meet the necessary entry requirements, then we will write to you with a formal offer of a place at Quinton House. If the course is full or you do not meet the requirements, we will offer you an alternative study plan.
To confirm your acceptance of the offer and secure your place you will be required to pay a refundable deposit.
Received an offer?
Congratulations! Soon you could be studying with us at Quinton House School. There are just a few more steps to secure your place
- Confirm your place
- Contact our admissions team to secure your place and pay your deposit (refundable when your child leaves school). We will then check availability of your chosen accommodation option and reserve a place for you.
- Apply for your visa
- When you are ready to begin the visa process and we have conducted the necessary checks, we will then issue you with a CAS number which you will need when applying for your visa to study in the UK.
- Pay tuition fee instalment
- You will be asked to pay the full year of tuition fees upfront.
- Sit your examinations
- If you have received a ‘conditional offer’ this means you have a place on a course providing you meet certain conditions such as passing English language or academic tests. Once you have passed these criteria your offer will become ‘unconditional’. You will need to hold an unconditional offer to apply for a visa, however you can confirm your place at the conditional offer stage. If you have confirmed your place but fail to pass the required criteria we can refund your deposit or defer your place.
We work closely with host family and guardianship agencies who ensure that host families are carefully selected to ensure friendly, safe and comfortable environments in which students are able to both relax and study effectively.
Each student has a single or twin study bedroom. Bathroom facilities are usually shared. Host family expenses include accommodation, breakfast and evening meals during the week, and breakfast, lunch and an evening meal over the weekends and during the holidays. Also included is laundry service (not dry cleaning).
Additional accommodation over the holiday periods (Christmas, Easter and Summer) will incur additional charges per week full board.
A key feature of Quinton House will be our commitment to each student’s future. The Sixth Form is first and foremost a pathway to a top university and each student will receive individual support from experts in the field of university applications and interviews.
International Tuition Fees 2021/22
|A-Level Years 12 & 13||– £5,500 per term or £16,500 per annum|
|GCSE Years 10 & 11||– £5,500 per term or £16,500 per annum|
|Years 7 – 9||– £5,300 per term, £15,900 per annum|
|Years 3 – 6||– £4,600 per term, £13,800 per annum|
|EAL Support||– £2,000 per annum in addition to tuition fees|
Lunches are compulsory and charged at £270 per term, £810 per annum.
Transport costs (travel to and from school) are dependent on pick up/drop off location.